Developed by medical experts, the Diver’s Alert Network (DAN) courses are easy to understand and designed to provide you with the skills and confidence you need to respond to emergency situations.
DAN first aid courses prepare divers to manage injuries related to scuba diving. This certification satisfies U.S. Coast Guard requirements for Boat Captain’s Licensing. All courses are accredtited by the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR) and the American Heart Foundation.
Basic Life Support: Adult First Aid/CPR/AED
Why Take This Course?
The American Heart Association states that cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) provided by a bystander immediately after sudden cardiac arrest can double or triple a victim’s chance of survival. Brain death starts to occur four to six minutes after someone experiences cardiac arrest if no CPR and defibrillation occurs during that time. This course will help prepare you to handle cardiovascular events and other life-threatening incidents. Meets ILCOR/AHA 2015 Guidelines.
What you’ll Learn
You will learn how to perform CPR, use an automated external defibrillator (AED), identify signs and symptoms associated with heart attacks and respiratory arrest, manage shock, and control external bleeding as well as other skills that can help save lives. The main areas you will learn about are
• Primary & Secondary Assessments
• Signs & symptoms of common medical emergencies
• Stroke Assessment
The Skills You’ll Develop
• Initial and secondary assessments
• Recovery position technique
• CPR techniques
• Automated external defibrillator (AED) use
• Obstructed airway management
• Control of external bleeding
• Bandaging, wound management and splinting
• Shock management
Skills Development Practice
• 3-4 classroom hours
Required Student Materials
BLS Student Kit – Includes:
• 1 Basic Life Support knowledge development e-Learning
• 1 digital First Aid and CPR student handbook
• 1 BLS: CPR and First Aid student quick reference slate
• 1 oronasal resuscitation mask
• 1 pair of disposable nitrile gloves
BLS Course Tuition
Tuition – $120.00 — includes BLS Student Kit , classroom instruction and certification