“Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other” — John F. Kennedy
If you like challenges, If you’d like to change careers and do something exciting, become a Divemaster. The Divemaster course is the first professional rating you can earn on your way to becoming a Scuba Diving Instructor.
Divemasters can be found working at dive centers, resorts, on live-aboards, charter boats, and as freelance tour guides in various parts of the world. Once you become a Divemaster the opportunities to live abroad in exotic places, meet new people, take in new sites, and do what you like to do most–scuba–is endless.
THE EXCITING PART
Anxiously anticipating the next activity challenge can be as exciting as waiting to board a ride at Universal Studios. Well, may be not that exciting. But overcoming the obstacles that your instructors will throw at you is sure to leave you with a sense of accomplishment–now that’s exciting!
THE HARD PART
Nothing comes easy! You will confront many challenging tasks during this course like an underwater gear exchange with your buddy, the “ditch and don” skill, the “bailout,“ or breathing underwater with your mask off for 8 minutes. Everything you will do in this course is designed to help make you a role-model for others to follow.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
The Divemaster course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities. Through knowledge development sessions, water skills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities. Topics and practical workshops include:
• The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
• Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
• Diver safety and risk management
• Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
• Business of diving and your career
• Awareness of the dive environment
• Dive setup and management
• Mapping an open water site
• Conducting dive briefings
• Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
• Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
• Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs and to broaden your abilities
• Be at least 18 years of age prior to the first day of water training
• Logged 40 dives and log 60 dives to earn the certification
• Rescue Divers and Master Scuba Divers 18 years or older can enroll in the Divemaster Course
• Be certified in CPR/First Aid/AED within the past 24 months
• Be certified in Emergency O2 (NAUI Divemasters only) within the past 24 months
• Be Nitrox certified (NAUI Divemasters only) before starting the class or become certified while taking the class
Divemaster Course Pricing
|Total Cost w/Hours of Training||$1,399.98|
The Next Adventure
Divers are always looking for newer challenges. Consider becoming a Scuba or Skin Diving Instructor.