Why Crossover to NAUI?
Did you know NAUI Instructors were the first nationally recognized instructors in the United States?That’s right! NAUI was the first created organization to start training civilians how to scuba dive in the 1950s. The famous Jacques Cousteau and Bev Morgan were Board members of NAUI. Not to mention John Cronin (one of the founders of PADI) was also a NAUI Instructor before creating PADI. Where do you think PADI got their curricula from? This and the fact that majority of all scientific departments of U.S. universities’ use the NAUI system attests to the quality of NAUI training. Adding to this, U.S. Navy Seals and U.S. Army Special Forces Operatives are awarded NAUI certifications upon graduation. By crossing over to become a NAUI Scuba Instructor you are about to become a member of the most elite Scuba Instructors in the world.
THE FUN PART
It’s about life transformations: both yours and those around you. The fun part of the NAUI Instructor Crossover is interacting with other crossover instructors while creating memories and friendships that will last a lifetime. Another fun part of doing the Cross-over is learning new methods of teaching scuba. You’ll will also begin networking with other professionals and begin exploring NAUI Pro Diving Jobs worldwide. You’ll have the opportunity to continue your professional education by participating in other courses like the Performance Freediving Instructors (PFI) program or NAUI techical diving courses.
THE HARD PART
The challenging part of this course is your personal commitment to the training. The course requires you to complete the NAUI Familiarization-Instruction-Training (FIT) course, all of the academic e-Learning before the ICP begins, and to prepare classroom presentations and daily assignments for each lesson. Organization and dedication are the keys to successfully completing this program.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
The NAUI Instructor Cross-Over Course aims to familiarize instructors from other organizations with the National Association of Underwater Instructors. New scuba instructors will learn the proud history of NAUI as an organization, how to use the NAUI Standards & Procedures Manual, become familiarized with NAUI education materials and how to use them; and will learn how to give and score classroom, confined water, and open water presentations, and how to professionally prepare for classes.
• The minimum age to enroll in the NAUI Instructor Cross-over course is eighteen
• Current certification as a scuba instructor in good standing for the year immediately preceding the
Instructor Crossover Course workshop.
• Have a minimum of one-year experience as an instructor and taught or assisted with at least two programs in diving instruction
• Completed the NAUI FIT Program prior to enrollment in the formal ICC
• Current certification in NAUI First Aid for the Diving Professional or equivalent
• Current certification as an Oxygen Provider
• Certified as a Nitrox Diver
• Have a minimum of 100 logged open water scuba dives with a minimum of 50 hours bottom time
HOW TO APPLY
1. Forms. Students must fill out and submit a Statement of Understanding, a Medical Questionnaire, an Assumption of Risk and Liability, and Rental Agreement form. These forms will be administered upon sign up. (Students needing a medical clearance from a doctor will need to provide a doctor’s approval.)
2. Dive referrals. Student must provide documentation of any prior training in order to receive credit. The form must have the Dive Store’s name that you used, note the Instructor’s name, contact information, and note the skills that were completed.
3. Identification. Proof of identity is required to register for a scuba diving course.
4. Class tuition. It is always best to book your reservation for a course in advance. Tuition must be paid in full in order to begin classes. Tuition are noted down below yet do not include academic materials which are sold separately and can be purchased at our sales office.
NAUI CROSS-OVER PRICING
Materials – $699.99
Tuition – $1,000.00
Total – $ 1,699.99