Open Water Scuba Diver
The Open Water Scuba Diver course is an entry level course designed to teach you the most important fundamentals of scuba diving. Once completed, as a newly certified scuba diver you will be qualified to go diving to depths of up to 60 feet with a buddy. During the course you will:
• become familiar with all parts of the scuba equipment;
• learn how to put together and break down scuba gear appropriately:
• practice scuba diving skills in and out of water;
• study various scuba diving topics through academic work; and
• learn various safety techniques (in and out of water) for safe diving practices, and much much more. . .
Registering for Class
To take the Open Water Scuba Diver course and to become a certified scuba diver participants must meet the following requirements:
• be at least 10 years old by the first day of class; and
• know how to swim and be able to do the “flutter kick.”
Schedule of Classes
Three Day Course
The PADI Open Water Scuba Diver Course is methodically three days long with each day of training being approximately 3 – 5 hours long and from 7 – 12 p.m. You have the option of taking the course three days consecutively, or you are welcome to join in on the second or last day of any of the other training sessions.
Three day class schedule:
• Saturday , Sunday, Saturday;
• Friday, Saturday, Sunday; or
• Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday.
Tuition – $400.00
Two Day Course Option
Two Day Course
The O.D.A. PADI Dive Center acknowledges the fact vacationers do not wish to spend most of their time in Hawaii doing a three day long scuba course. Therefore we are offering a two day course for those who are short on time. The two-day-course is really three days of skills practice crammed into two days of training. If you prefer the two day course please be prepared to spend 4 – 7 hours training each day, from 7 – 2 p.m.
Two day class schedule:
• Saturday and Sunday; or
• Tuesday and Wednesday
Tuition – $450.00
The O.D.A. PADI Dive Center is happy to offer private scuba diving lessons that coincide with your vacation schedule on Oahu.
Tuition – $700.00
We take scuba referrals from all over the world on a day bases. Whether you started your course years ago and finally got the time to finish up or started the course in cold water and would prefer to finish your certification in warm water, we’ve got you covered. Here is what we have to offer for dive referrals:
• student has completed all confined water dives yet still needs to do 4 open water dives to complete the course. Tuition: $300.00;
• student has completed all confined water dives and 2 open water dives yet still needs to do 2 more open water dives to complete the course. Tuition: $225.00.
Dual Certification Option
Save big when you sign up for the Open Water Scuba course and Nitrox course together. Add Nitrox: $150.00.
Your Next Adventure
After completing the Open Water Scuba Diver course, increase your diving skills and explore new underwater environments by taking our Advanced Open Water Course.