Open Water Course
The Open Water Scuba Diver course is for people with little or no experience scuba diving. This certification course is designed to teach you the most important fundamentals of scuba diving and to prepare you for many underwater adventures to come. Once completed you will be qualified to go diving anytime, anywhere, and with other certified divers to any exotic and fascinating sites luring your imagination. Your certification is for life, and a world of scuba diving is waiting just for you.
How to Register for Class
The Oceanus Diving Association (O.D.A.) is proud to inform you that we are a licensed affiliate-member of the National Association of Underwater Instructors (NAUI) and the Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI). If you’d like to take a course, please call the dive center directly or book online. Please be sure to confirm with our staff, upon registration, which open water scuba certification you’d like to pursue so that we can help you purchase the right educational materials for yourself.
All students are required to complete a Medical Questionnaire prior to taking this class. If you do not have any scuba contraindications, you may take the class without having a scuba physical. However, a physical exam and doctor’s approval is required for anyone who has had open heart surgery, a history of light asthma, heart and/or respiratory issues in the past. Your safety is number one. No exceptions will be made. Please send us an email requesting our Medical Questionnaire prior to paying for the course.
To take the Open Water Scuba Diver course you must be at least 10 years old by the first day of class, know how to swim, be able to do the “flutter kick,” and have or purchase your own mask and snorkel. The rest of the scuba gear will be provided to you at no extra cost.
• be able to name all parts of the scuba equipment;
• learn how to put together and break down scuba gear appropriately;
• demonstrate proper scuba equipment preparation and care;
• demonstrate proper dive preparation and scuba safety;
• practice, master, and demonstrate more than 24 scuba diving skills;
• read all chapters of the textbook or e-Learning;
• complete all quizzes and exams;
• complete 4 open water dives over three days; and
• finish a 4 minute mask removal demonstrating self- control underwater.
Be Prepared for Class
Academic materials are sold separately and are not part of the class tuition . To fulfill the academic portion of this Open Water Scuba Diver Course, you will need to purchase one of any of the following sets of materials:
• NAUI e-Learning Set. Includes e-Learning, digital and hard-copy certifications – $85.00
• NAUI Textbook & e-Learning Set. Includes digital and hard-copy certifications, Navy Dive Tables, and logbook – $120.00
• NAUI OW & Nitrox e-Learning Set. Includes Open Water Scuba diver & Nitrox e-Learning courses, digital, and hard-copy certifications – $200.00
• NAUI OW & Nitrox Textbook & e-Learning Set. Includes Open Water Scuba Diver and Nitrox textbook & e-Learnings, Navy Dive Tables, logbooks, digital and hard-copy certifications – $250.00
• PADI Textbook Set. Includes textbook, Recreational Dive Tables, logbook, and hard-copy certification – 93.90
• PADI e-Learning Set. Includes digital and hard-copy certifications – $190.00
Schedule of Classes
Take the three day course.
The Open Water Scuba Diver Course is methodically three days long with each day of training being approximately 3 – 5 hours long and from 7 – 12 p.m. You have the option of taking the course three days consecutively, or you are welcome to join in on the second or last day of any of the other training sessions.
Three day class schedule:
• Friday, Saturday, Sunday; or
• Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday.
Tuition – $400.00
Take the two day course.
The O.D.A. Dive Center acknowledges the fact vacationers do not wish to spend most of their time in Hawaii doing a three day long scuba course. Therefore, we are offering a two day course for those who are short on time. The two-day-course is really three days of skills practice crammed into two days of training. If you prefer the two day course please be prepared to spend 4 – 7 hours training each day, from 7 – 2 p.m.
Two day class schedule:
• Saturday and Sunday; or
• Tuesday and Wednesday
Tuition – $450.00
Take a private course.
The O.D.A. PADI Dive Center is happy to offer private scuba diving lessons that coincide with your vacation schedule on Oahu.
Tuition – $600.00
Finish your open water course with us.
We take scuba referrals from all over the world on a day basis. Whether you started your course years ago and finally got the time to finish up or started the course in cold water and would prefer to finish your certification in warm water, we’ve got you covered. Here is what we have to offer for dive referrals:
• student has completed all confined water dives yet still needs to do 4 open water dives to complete the course. Tuition: $300.00;
• student has completed all confined water dives and 2 open water dives yet still needs to do 2 more open water dives to complete the course. Tuition: $225.00.
Go on another underwater adventure with us.
After completing the Open Water Scuba Diver course, increase your diving skills and explore new underwater environments by taking our Advanced Open Water Course.