Resort Dive Tours
Now you do not need a license to go scuba diving in Hawaii. The Resort Dive Tour is for anyone who has never taken a scuba course and who would like to experience the thrill of scuba diving in the tropical waters of Waikiki and Honolulu Hawaii. The resort diving tour takes place from our luxury catamaran. It is a scuba trip that includes a mini-class on scuba diving and two scuba dives with sea turtles at two different locations. The entire scuba trip is approximately 3 hours long, and during transit passengers often see things like whales, pods of dolphins, and sea creatures at the surface. Notable marine animals often seen underwater include sea turtles, manta rays, moray eels, reef sharks, and local Hawaiian fish.
• Meeting Location: Kewalo Harbor by 10:30 AM.
• Address: 1025 Ala Moana Blvd. Pier A. Honolulu, Hawaii.
• Ammenities: parking and public restrooms.
Boat Charter & Scuba Trip
$150.00 per person
• be at least 12 years old; and
• know how to swim and be able to flutter-kick.
Orientation Sessions are usually held at the O.D.A. Scuba Store one day prior to scuba diving trip. Parents and children as well as adults watch an introduction and safety video. If you are unable to visit our store to watch the video, please let us know ahead of time. We will make arrangements for you to meet with your instructor prior to diving for an orientation.
(1) The Scuba Instructor(s) will assemble and arrange scuba equipment at the pool, boat, or the shore side for all participants.
(2) Instructor(s) will provide an overview of the diving activity.
* Dive briefing: Your instructor(s) will introduce and explain the use of a mask, fins, buoyancy control device (BCD), regulator and pressure gauge. He or she will also review any other equipment participants will wear – exposure protection, weight system, alternate air source, etc. if necessary.
(3) Prior to entering the water, your scuba instructor will review breathing rules and equalization techniques, as well as regulator and mask clearing.
(4) The Instructor will also provide an overview of essential safety information and how to perform the basic scuba skills.
(5) Entering the water: Oceanus Divers’ Instructor and/or Dive Master will assist participants in putting on and adjusting their scuba equipment.
(6) An O.D.A. Scuba Instructor will directly supervise participants as they breathe underwater and swim around. When comfortable, an O.D.A. Scuba Instructor and/or Dive Master will take the participants on tours in deeper water as appropriate.
Your Next Adventure
Now that you’ve experienced scuba diving, why not get certified? Check out our scuba diving courses to learn more about your educational options. Once you become a certified scuba diver, your certification is for life. You will be able to use it any time, anywhere, and anyplace to go scuba diving.