Developed by medical experts, the Diver’s Alert Network (DAN) courses are easy to understand and designed to provide you with the skills and confidence you need to respond to emergency situations.
DAN first aid courses prepare divers to manage injuries related to scuba diving. This certification satisfies U.S. Coast Guard requirements for Boat Captain’s Licensing. All courses are accredtited by the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR) and the American Heart Foundation.
First Aid/CPR/AED for Health-Care Providers
Why Take This Course?
Cardiovascular diseases are the most common cause of death worldwide. As our population ages, the incidence of these diseases will increase, as will the likelihood of needing to manage a cardiovascular event in both your diving and non-diving activities. This course will help prepare you to handle these events as well as other life-threatening incidents.
This course will teach you team care CPR and first -aid skills including one- and two-person CPR for adults, children and infants as well as pulse checks. Learn to recognize the signs and symptoms associated with cardiovascular diseases such as heart attack and respiratory arrest and proper methods of shock and wound management. This course meets the current guide-lines issued by the International Liaison Council on Resuscitation, the American Heart Association and the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). The main areas you will learn about are
• Health-Care provider level basic life support
• First aid assessments
• Upper Airway Suctioning
The Skills You’ll Develop
• Scene safety assessment
• Initial assessments & positioning for care
• One- and two-person CPR for adults, children and infants
• Automated external defibrillator (AED) use
• Obstructed airway management
• Wound management, bandage and splint application
• Shock management
Skills Development Practice
• 3-4 classroom hours
Required Student Materials
HCP Student Kit – Includes:
• 1 HCP knowledge development e-Learning
• 1 digital HCP student handbook
• 1 HCP/CPR & First Aid student quick reference slate
• 1 oronasal resuscitation mask
• 1 pair of disposable nitrile gloves
BLS Course Tuition
Tuition – $140.00 — includes the (above) HCP Student Kit , e-Learning, classroom instruction and certification