First Aid for Hazardous Marine Life Injuries
Why Take This Course?
• traumatic injuries• Vertebrate and invertebrate sources of envenomations;
• life-threatening complications;
• seafood poisonings; and
• avoidance of marine life injuries.
The Skills You’ll Develop
• initial assessment;
• shock management;
• treatment of stinging and spiny envenomations and injuries;
• control of external bleeding;
• severe allergic reactions;
• pressure immobilization technique; and
• creation of an emergency assistance plan.
HMLI Course Tuition
$155.00 + Tax
Tuition includes the following:
• online HMLI eLearning;
• 1 digital HMLI textbook;
• 1 oronasal resuscitation mask;
• 1 pair of disposable nitrile gloves;
• 1 set of HMLI slates;
• 1 BLS:CPR & First Aid slate;
• HMLI certification card.
Developed by medical experts, the Diver’s Alert Network (DAN) courses are easy to understand and designed to provide you with the skills and confidence you need to respond to emergency situations.
DAN first aid courses prepare divers to manage injuries related to scuba diving. This certification satisfies U.S. Coast Guard requirements for Boat Captain’s Licensing. All courses are accredited by the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR) and the American Heart Foundation.