Take the Boat Diving Course and get better acquainted with boat diving. All that’s required for the certification is two dives from a boat. You’ll learn useful boat terminology, boat procedures, boat etiquette like where to stow your gear, water entry techniques specific to different boats, safety equipment locations, emergency radio channels, boat diving preparation, pre-diving and post diving procedures and more. Meanwhile you will get to enjoy two fun dives from one of our boats while earning your specialty certification.
The Fun Part
Diving from a boat is fun! Especially when you consider how easy it is to get into the water. Plus you get to meet all kinds of new people, do two scuba dives at two different dive sites reachable only by boat. If you compare the cost of a dive tour ($145.00) with the cost of earning this certification, it’s a no brainer.
What You’ll Learn
• Dive from boats ranging from small inflatable’s to giant live-aboards
• How boats differ from place to place
• Gain experience and training from diving on boats in your local area
• Safely enter and exit the water. For example, sometimes it’s better to hand your gear up to the crew and then climb in the boat. But sometimes you just take off your fins and weights and walk up the ladder
• Stow your gear in the most appropriate areas
• Use surface lines to initiate or conclude your dives
• Locate basic boat safety equipment
Who can take this course?
Anyone certified scuba diver or Junior certified scuba can take this course.
$199.95 + Tax
Tuition includes training, two guided boat dives, a full set of scuba rental gear, to full tanks, and scuba certification. It does not include personal scuba equipment: mask and snorkel nor does it include academic materials.
PADI Boat Diver Crew-Pak $91.60. Includes Boat Diver manual and DVD.
Your Next Adventure