OCEANUS DIVING ASSOCIATION
at the Ala Moana Hotel
Try Scuba Diving Tour
Diving along side the Hawaiian Green-Sea-Turtle on a prestinely beautiful coral reef can be very exciting. “Try Scuba Diving” is perfect for people wanting to go scuba diving in Hawaii without having to study or take a 3 day long class. During this attraction you will learn some fundamental concepts related to scuba diving, wear scuba gear, and go diving with professional scuba guide underwater.
Anything is possible! Right off the shores of Waikiki are many things for you to see like pods of dolphins, pods of whales, Whale Sharks, octopuses, eels, and Hawaii’s popular sea turtles. Sounds pretty awesome, don’t it!? If you are interested in scuba diving, would like to learn more, or make a reservation, please give us call at (808) 227 – 6007.
Reservations can be made over the phone, online, or in person. Children ages 10 or older are welcome to join in on the Try Scuba Diving diving adventure. All minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, and all payments and reservations must be made one day prior to the activity.
Participation Options and Rates
|(A) Beach Diving||One Dive||$95.00|
|(B) Beach Diving||Two Dives||$115.00|
|(C) Boat Diving||One Dive||$135.00|
|(D) Boat Diving||Two Dives||$150.00|
***Two boat trip dives with practice in confined water prior to the trip – $175.00***
** Boat Passengers or snorkelers – $65.00
Orientation Sessions are usually held the day prior to scuba diving at the ODA Scuba Diving Center inside of the Ala Moana Hotel. Parents, children as well as adults who will participate in the Try Scuba Diving must watch an introduction and safety video. If you are unable to visit our store to watch the video, we will gladly make arrangements for you to meet with your instructor one hour prior to diving to fill out paperwork and to do the orientation session.
(1) The Scuba Instructor(s) will assemble and arrange scuba equipment at the pool, boat, or the shore side for all participants.
(2) Instructor(s) will provide an overview of the diving activity.
* Dive briefing: Your instructor(s) will introduce and explain the use of a mask, fins, buoyancy control device (BCD), regulator and pressure gauge. He or she will also review any other equipment participants will wear – exposure protection, weight system, alternate air source, etc. if necessary.
(3) Prior to entering the water, your scuba instructor will review breathing rules and equalization techniques, as well as regulator and mask clearing.
(4) The Instructor will also provide an overview of essential safety information and how to perform the basic scuba skills.
(5) Entering the water: Oceanus Divers’ Instructor and/or Dive Master will assist participants in putting on and adjusting their scuba equipment.
(6) An O.D.A. Scuba Instructor will directly supervise participants as they breathe underwater and swim around. When comfortable, an O.D.A. Scuba Instructor and/or Dive Master will take the participants on tours in deeper water as appropriate.
Now that you’ve experienced scuba diving, why not get certified? Check out our scuba diving courses to learn more about your educational options. Once you become a certified scuba diver, your certification is for life. You will be able to use it any time, anywhere, and anyplace to go scuba diving. Contact our office for further details.